Thursday, July 11, 2013

handmade gifts from my sister


My sister Leigh loves to make handmade gifts as much as I like receiving them. So we are a great combo.

She just gifted me with these little chalkboard labels she made with balsa wood and chalkboard paint. It's a clever idea. They have clothespins attached to the backs so they are great for clipping to dishes at potlucks. Now I can easily let folks know what they are dipping into with helpful labels like:
"Nut free"
"So not a low fat food"
"It tastes better than it looks"
"Eat this so I don't have to take it home."


And because she loves me, she also gave me this fabulous spa eye pillow she made from organic hemp silk, filled with organic golden flax seeds. Fancy! She made them to sell at a local shop. It feels so nicely weighty and cool on my eyes. You can chill the pillow in the fridge or freezer to help with puffy eyes (I call this Netflix Eye) or warmed up to help with sinus pressure. I also deal with constant eye irritation from blepharitis, so this is a nice thing to have handy!

Thank you, Leigh Ann! When are you starting your blog?

11 comments:

  1. Cool gifts... lucky you! I love the messages you'll be putting on the little chalkboards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma G, that's probably pretty close to what will actually appear on them. Also 'Don't judge, I forgot I was supposed to make something'

      Delete
  2. I love them both! Those little chalkboards are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mama Pea! I'm going to enjoy having them.

      Delete
  3. Cool gifts! Is Leigh really considering blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chalkboards. I keep thinking I want to make some, but that means I'd have to clean my house and entertain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. This sounds really similar to my own thinking. You could always go to someone else's potluck and use them. No cleaning required.

      Delete
  5. LOL - 'Netflix eye' . . . I have that RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skooks, ME TOO. Oh, I have that every morning, so it's not much of a coincidence. :-)

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!