Thursday, November 3, 2016

sneak peek of Maid a-Milking WIP


This WIP will be the future pattern release for Maid a-Milking, the 8th pattern in my Twelve Days ornament series.

She's still a bit too tall and also missing her buckets and all the loopy signature embroidery. But overall I'm very happy with her proportions and her look! With this one I had many construction/style dilemmas to work out. Since they are all people figurines from now til the end of the series, it was important to iron all that out now. My goal is to keep the style consistent between all twelve and make them look like a cohesive set. It's tricky sometimes.


I'm excessively fond of her tiny hat. You'll be seeing more of her soon. I'm still tweaking and making samples at this point.

I confess that I had expected to be further along with this series at this point in 2016. Can I just blame other people right now for this delay? Other people in love? Can I just say THREE family weddings, all out of state and all since August? Ah, young love, and I'm very happy for them! haha! Sorry to throw them under the bus. But seriously what about my micro business goals?  :-)

My goal was to release through #10 this year, but I'm 99.9% certain that will not happen. I think I can get this one and number 9 done, possibly, in time for Christmas. The rest of the series will need to be finished up in 2017.

Thanks for your continued support and kind enthusiasm for this ornament series!

8 comments:

  1. I have no doubt she will turn out perfect, just like all the rest so far! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very pretty series, but I'm a bit disappointed that this doll is not all sewn in felt, as the others are. I LOVE the other birds with the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, you are so clever, it always takes time to achieve perfection and you are doing just that, keep up the great creativity. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The maid is adorable! I LOVE this series!❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design. Can't wait to see it finished. Your work is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, can't wait for the release now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeee! She's so pretty already. Can't wait to see her in her full embroidered glory. On my tree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! Great design as always :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!